Stuart Tinley Law Firm

Handling Today’s Estate Matters and Personal Injuries With

Compassion And Consistency
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ Compensation Firm Represents Employees In Iowa

A workplace injury not only threatens your health by your income as well. When money is tight because you are recovering from your injuries, you especially need to be sure you are getting the workers’ compensation you deserve for your injuries. Whether you need help securing the compensation you deserve or appealing a denied application, you should have a skilled attorney at your side.

At Stuart Tinley Law Firm LLP, we take the time to provide clients throughout Iowa with the guidance they need to overcome the challenges of their workers’ compensation claims. We know how complex these cases can get, and our goal as your legal representation is to ensure you earn the money you need in as little time as possible.

Answering Important Workplace Injury Questions

An injury on the job can be more complicated than many people expect. We at Stuart Tinley Law Firm LLP want to help answer some of your earlier questions to make pursuing your compensation easier for you. Here are some common questions about workplace injuries.

Do I have to go to the company doctor?

After an injury, you will need to see the doctor that your company specifies in order to maintain your workers’ compensation procedure. You still have the right to seek a second opinion from another doctor as well.

Can my employer force me to go back to work before I am fully healed?

If your doctor has not cleared you for work, your employer cannot force you to work. If your employer does try to force you, consult with a skilled injury attorney immediately. We can help you protect your employee rights.

How do I make sure my work injury is properly documented?

Report your work injury to your employer as soon as possible following the accident. Afterward, see a doctor to treat your injuries. You can also submit the medical report to your employer.

How long do I have to file a workers’ compensation claim?

Each state has its own deadline to file a claim. For Nebraska and Iowa, employees have two years from their date of injury to file a claim for compensation.

Are there other sources of compensation I should pursue?

Workers’ compensation can help cover the costs of your injuries, but it may not be the only source of income. You may be able to pursue compensation from the liable third party. Examples of third-party claims include getting in a car accident as a delivery driver when the other drive was at fault or a subcontractor causing your injury accident while on a worksite. We can review your situation to determine if there are other sources of compensation you should pursue.

Get Help Seeking Your Compensation For A Work Injury

By contacting us today, you can begin pursuing your compensation. Call our office in Council Bluffs at 712-261-6033 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation. We serve Nebraska and Iowa residents in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro area, so be sure to reach out to us for the guidance you need in your injury claim.