Zach is an Iowa native, born and raised in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He is the son of longtime Council Bluffs attorney Michael J. Winter.
Zach is a 2003 graduate of Abraham Lincoln High School in Council Bluffs. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Iowa State University in 2007 and graduated Cum Laude from Creighton University School of Law in 2013, finishing in the top 15% of his class (16th of 123). While at Creighton, Zach achieved the highest grade in two legal writing classes and tied for the highest grade in negotiable instruments.
Following law school, Zach accepted a year-long judicial clerkship with the Iowa District Court, Fourth Judicial District. As part of his clerkship, Zach performed legal research and writing for the judges of the Fourth Judicial District, which includes all the counties in Southwest Iowa. This experience was invaluable.
Besides practicing law, Zach enjoys volunteering for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, golfing and tennis.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Estate Planning
- Living Wills
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Iowa State University - B.S., 2007
- Creighton University - J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Iowa - September 2013
- Nebraska - July 2014
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Probate, Trust & Estate Planning Section
- Real Estate and Title Law Section
- Business Law Section Section
- The 4th Judicial District Bar Association